Relive Pulham’s amazing history in the classroom!
Hire our resource pack and download lesson plans and activity sheets to support a range of curriculum topics
Hire our school resource pack
Bursting with props and great ideas to bring Pulham’s local airship history alive.
Retell the airship station’s history — dressing up clothes and a toy cat are included in the pack to help children recreate the R34’s famous transatlantic flight with a furry stowaway!
Key themes include:
- How the station was a centre for innovation and experiments in parachuting, photography, weather forecasting and aircraft release technology
- The activities support a range of curriculum topics. For example, combining the airship station’s parachute development with Year 5’s topic of gravity, forces and resistance. The kit bag props bring added interest to activities
Add photo of pack
Download our helpful airship lesson plans (Lesson plan page and pdf)
Please download our fun activity sheets (Activity sheet page and pdfs)
Fascinating film footage
Incredible footage of Pulham’s airships to help bring history to life in the class!
- R34 landing safely after its test flight at Pulham in 1919
- Damaged R33 returning to Pulham in 1925
- Pulham Airship’s parachute experiments in 1917
- The Airship Heritage Trust provides extensive airship history
- Learn about famous airships including the LZ-129 Hindenburg and LZ-127 Graf Zeppelin
How can we help your school?